Join the Pros
GoCollect is an online information guide for collecting communities. Our mission is making collecting better by offering the foremost information available to our consumers. We’re a small team of big minds, bonded together by our innate curiosities, honest authenticity and respectful natures who also have a sincere appreciation for collectibles. We hire smart, hard working people who want to share their talents and contribute to the larger success of the organization.
As a Senior Software Engineer you’ll be involved with nearly every engineering aspect of the platform with various technologies and languages.
You’ll work with a close team of creative and skilled individuals on developing highly impactful business solutions.
You can expect involvement with envisioning, architecting, creating, documenting, testing and maintaining the GoCollect platform and services.
Our platform is mostly on AWS with the main application built in PHP (Laravel). Various micro-services utilize Python, Node.js and PHP. Your specific responsibilities will be well-defined and tailored to a combination of your current skill-set coupled with the areas of interest where you would like to expand your craft.
We're seeking candidates with:
- Backend and frontend web development
- Laravel and the Laravel ecosystem of services
- AWS ecosystem of solutions
- Scalable RDBMS solutions (NoSQL experience is a plus)
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Building and using Restful APIs
- Familiarity with agile process
- U.S. citizen
- Preference will be given to candidates located near Charlotte, North Carolina then candidates located in NC, IL, WI
- At least 5 years in a web development role
- Advanced experience architecting and solutioning within a robust OOP, service-oriented environment
- Expert knowledge of PHP with strong familiarity with Laravel and the Laravel ecosystem of services
- Intermediate skills working with scalable RDMS solutions (NoSQL experience is a plus)
- You know when and how to write both unit and functional tests
- Experience building and using Restful APIs
- You’re highly motivated and easy to work with - You can clearly voice your opinion, give constructive feedback, and handle it too
- You’re a fast learner that’s also able to quickly absorb guidance and concepts both audibly and visually
Nice to have, but not required:
- Interest and appreciation for the collectibles industry and the financial activity within any specific collector market
- Advanced use within the Laravel Ecosystem, specifically - Forge, Horizon, Nova, Echo, Cashier, Sanctum, Telescope, Scout, Jetstream
- Advanced understanding within the AWS ecosystem of solutions, specifically - EC2, RDS, ElastiCache, Timestream, VPC, CloudFront, S3, Lambda, Machine Learning suite of tools, Athena, Redshift, Kinesis and others
How to apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com